Shade sail posts
We have developed a series of fixings to securely anchor our sails. Again, the focus on safety and value for money was what guided the choices.
Maanta offers extremely removable, robust and practical shade sail posts, without compromising on design.
- Ulisse: 6 anchor points in galvanised steel with anti-rust treatment.
- Alu-Simple: made of highly resistant aluminum, two lanes for adjustable, multi-sail anchorage with variable height
Maanta sun sail posts are available in 75° or 90° tilted versions with a sturdy 10mm steel ground base.
A wall mounting collar version is also available, ideal for perimeter walls and terraces.
All models include mounting accessories and the exclusive MusclePole kit.
The materials used for our sail shade poles are aluminium for Alu-Simple and steel with professional anti-rust treatment for Ulisse. Both materials are suitable for intensive outdoor use.
You can compare our heavy duty shade sail poles with this comparison table.
Aluminium Pole For Shade Sails , adjustable variable height
Kit Anchor Wall Mountings With Tensioner SimplE
INOX o Galvanized Steel
ballast base for shade sail poles
SimplE wall anchor kit for shade sails
There are many removable shade sail poles on the market. But are they really safe?
At Maanta, we offer strong and safe shade sail poles, without compromising on design and aesthetics.
Poles are the main support of your shaded area. They must be strong and durable 365 days a year. That is why we at Maanta select only the best materials for our shade poles: aluminium and stainless steel.
- Ulisse: made of stylish elliptical steel, it provides incomparable strength and bending resistance compared to any other pole on the market. The slender yet sinuous profile is a perfect match for shade sails.
- Alu Simple: made of powder-coated aluminium, combines exclusive design with resistance to rust and salt. Its design inspired by the nautical world will impress you.
Maanta poles are available in several finishes to suit every need: galvanised steel, anthracite, silver.
Poles with a ground base can be installed on:
- concrete plinth of recommended dimensions 60x60x60
- concrete surface at least 15 cm thick
- ballast bases
Wall-mounted poles, on the other hand, are designed to be anchored to perimeter walls and terraces at least 45 cm high!
All of our poles come complete with the mounting accessories and hardware needed to safely install your shade sail.
In addition to hardware and a solid ground base, each pole comes with an exclusive Muscle x3 Pole Kit, Maanta's unique anchoring system that triples the tension force applied to the corner of the sail, for extreme strength and tension!
Installation is very simple, no skilled hands required!
MaantA Shade Sail Poles
|ALU-SIMPLE||ULISSE||COMPETITOR INOX 60X3|
|COLOURS||Silver - Anthracite||Steel - Anthracite||Steel|
|FIXING POINTS||Unlimited||4 front + 2 back||from 1 to 3|
|SAIL FASTENING INCLUDED||Muscle x3 included||Muscle x3 included||not included|
|PRICE OF COMPLETE KIT||less than € 300||less than € 180||€ 250/300|
|Product sheet Alu-Simple||Product sheet Ulisse|
- The resistance against tension. A shade sail, especially a large one, applies a force of around 45-50 kg. A good anchorage must therefore be able to withstand not only the strain of the sail, but also weather conditions such as wind and water. On the other hand, the sun sail posts found on the market are very cheap, but not very strong. With a diameter of just a few centimetres, tensioning a sail is impossible. This compromises not only the outcome of the project, but also the safety of the structure itself.
- Maanta poles are highly functional. Thanks to our technology, we have designed poles that allow the shade sails to be tilted as required.
Alu-Simple, our premium high-strength aluminium pole has two lanes for multi-sail anchoring. Ulisse, made of galvanised steel, has 6 anchoring points. This means you can get shade at any time of day, even when the sun is going down. And, especially for waterproof shade sails, a good inclination is a fundamental condition to allow water to drain away and to protect from rain!
The difference between the 75° and 90° poles is purely aesthetic. Note, however, that with a 75° pole you can gain a few extra centimetres at the top of the pole for correct sail tensioning.
Each Maanta pole includes the following accessories
- Robust steel base plate with a thickness of 10mm (or rotating wall clamps) - market value € 49.95
- Muscle x3 kit for fastening and tensioning made of stainless steel, rope colour "silver" - market value € 29.95
- Small parts and accessories for assembly (except threaded rods)
The wall fixing of a pole is only possible if there is a minimum of 30cm space between the two wall mountings. Therefore the wall must have a minimum height of approximately 45/50cm. Here is a useful link: https://www.maanta.it/immagini/alu-simple/alu-simple -collare-istruzioni.pdf
Our "Alu-SimplE" pole is most resistant to salt water due to its powder-coated aluminium, which makes it immune to rust and salt water. The Alu-SimplE pole is available in three versions: with a 90° base, with a 75° base or with wall mountings.
No, Maanta poles are only available in standard sizes.
290 cm high for Alu-Simple, 275 cm for Ulisse.
We strongly advise against this operation, because especially for galvanised poles, the galvanisation may be damaged and rust may form.
The price of Maanta poles refers to a single pole. Whether Ulisse or Alu-Simple, all our poles include: ground base or wall mountings , mounting hardware (except threaded rods which you can buy here ) and the exclusive Muscle Pole Kit to anchor the sail.
No. Maanta poles come with a ground base to be installed on a concrete base of at least 15cm thickness, or on a concrete plinth of 60x60x60 cm. Here is the installation guide.
Installation on terraces and balconies is only possible with the collar version, for which you will need a wall at least 45 cm high. Poles can be installed either inside or outside the terrace.
Installing a pole with a ground base is strongly discouraged: it will damage the terrace or balcony sheathing and compromise the safety of the house.
The installation of Maanta poles does not require skilled labour.
Maanta poles are shipped in two packages, which enables us to deliver them within 72 hours and at the small price of €7.95.
Maanta poles allow several sun sails to be anchored. In the case of large sails, we recommend the purchase of the rear bracing system to give greater stability and safety to the structure.
Certainly, they are available at this link: https://www.maanta.it/39-accessori